Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
E-mail: Pam Appino, firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
For nearly 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Engineer, located in Loves Park, IL.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will conduct design work for new and existing company products. In addition, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the accuracy and utility of all drawings, create Bill of Materials, O&M Manuals, and all design calculations required both for the initial design and subsequent production.
Aqua is seeking dedicated, hardworking individuals who assume full ownership of their tasks and deliverables. Our organization values commitment to excellence, customer service, strong work ethic, and willingness to support team members as required for the overall success of the business.
- Assign and release part numbers and special parts for orders.
- Work with vendors to locate components and obtain quotes.
- Produce Operation and Maintenance Manuals for new product offerings.
- Prepare and review layout drawings for new products.
- Produce Bills of Material for installations and assemblies.
- Maintain records and Engineering Standards Manual.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service, customers, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Given a set of design criteria, conceptualizes and creates new products to meet the criteria.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing technology, welding, stress analysis, automatic controls, pumps, valves, and piping analysis are beneficial.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.