Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
E-mail: Pam Appino, email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Designer
For nearly 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Designer, located in Loves Park, IL.
Reporting to the Contract Engineering Supervisor, the Mechanical Designer will be responsible for preparing and reviewing layout drawings for new and existing products. In addition, the Mechanical Designer will review customer specifications and produce Bill of Materials for installations and assemblies.
Aqua is seeking dedicated, hardworking individuals who assume full ownership of their tasks and deliverables. Our organization values commitment to excellence, customer service, strong work ethic, and willingness to support team members as required for the overall success of the business.
- Prepare and review layout drawings for new and existing products. Detail drawings from layout. Review customer specs and drawings.
- Produce Bills of Material for installations and assemblies.
- Create Submittal Approval and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Assign and release part numbers and special parts for orders.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service, Customers, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Work with vendors to incorporate designs of purchased components.
- Maintain project records.
- Associates Degree in Technical or related field and a minimum of 2 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be computer literate and be knowledgeable MS Office software. Clear written and verbal communications. Must be able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.