Reports to: Procurement Manager
E-mail: Pam Appino, email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Buyer
For nearly 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Buyer, located in Loves Park, IL.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for placing orders that best support manufacturing objectives of price, delivery, and quality. In addition the Buyer will schedule and expedite purchase orders to meet customer shipment schedules.
Aqua is seeking dedicated, hardworking individuals who assume full ownership of their tasks and deliverables. Our organization values commitment to excellence, customer service, strong work ethic, and willingness to support team members as required for the overall success of the business.
- Place orders and determine order quantity to best support manufacturing objectives and customer shipment schedules.
- Negotiate best price on materials. Purchase large dollar commodities against contracts negotiated by the Procurement Manager.
- Source commodities with suppliers capable of consistently providing parts to specifications. Process and coordinate Vendor Liability Claims, returns to vendors, and debit memos.
- Schedule, reschedule and expedite PO’s to support manufacturing. Enter, release and manage stock jobs to maintain safety stock levels.
- Submit Request for Quote (RFQ).
- Participate in Production meetings and project hand off meetings as required.
- Resolve invoice and/or receiving discrepancies with vendors and Accounting.
- Identify/develop new suppliers.
- Serve as liaison with suppliers and department managers.
- Associates Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years experience, or a minimum of 3-5 years of related training and experience.
- Must be computer literate and be knowledgeable MS Office software. Clear written and verbal communications.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.