Reports to: Application Engineering Manager
E-mail: Gennie Ustich, email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Application Engineer
For nearly 50 years, Aqua-Aerobic Systems has provided thousands of customers with adaptive treatment solutions in biological processes and filtration for both water and wastewater applications. Our knowledge and expertise in applied engineering and manufacturing allows us to provide highly efficient and cost effective technologies that require less energy, less maintenance and provide a low cost of ownership over the life of the plant.
As a leader in the water and wastewater treatment industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Application Engineer, located in Loves Park, IL.
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, the Application Engineer will evaluate design requests and assist in the preliminary designs and costing of wastewater treatment equipment. The Application Engineer will provide technical assistance to both internal and external customers, including consulting engineers, end users, plant operators, sales representatives, cost estimating and customer service.
Aqua is seeking dedicated, hardworking individuals who assume full ownership of their tasks and deliverables. Our organization values commitment to excellence, customer service, strong work ethic, and willingness to support team members as required for the overall success of the business.
- Evaluate design requests and size equipment for water and wastewater treatment. Make recommendations suitable for requested application.
- Develop preliminary process design reports for biological and filtration treatment systems.
- Determine electrical and mechanical equipment costs for preliminary process designs.
- Provide technical assistance to Internal and External clients including Consulting Engineers, End Users, Plant Operators, Sales Representatives, Sales Cost Estimating, and Customer Service.
- Travel to customer sites to present technical presentations of the systems operations.
- Evaluate and report on the applicability of biological and/or filtration processes based on pilot studies or Design Development Reports.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or related Technical field plus a minimum of 5 years of related training and experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience. EIT or Professional Engineer preferred.
- Must be computer literate and be knowledgeable MS Office software. Clear written and verbal communications. Must be able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements and expectations that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.