Cloth Filtration Media
OptiFiber® cloth filtration media is engineered exclusively for wastewater and water applications. It is designed to maximize solids removal over a wide range of particle sizes. Its thick, pile construction allows filtered solids to be stored, unlike microscreen media, to extend the time between backwashes. A uniquely designed cloth fiber backing support structure promotes thorough cleaning of the media for optimum performance.
The newest development in pile cloth media is OptiFiber PES-14 all-microfiber cloth. It removes suspended solids, turbidity and fine particles up to 50% better than other filters or microscreens. Typical effluent quality is < 1.0 NTU and < 3.0 mg/l TSS, and has proven to reduce phosphorus to 0.1 mg/l or less.
OptiFiber cloth filtration media is available exclusively with Aqua-Aerobic Cloth Media Filters:
- AquaDisk® Filter – The original cloth media filter with over 1,000 units installed
- Aqua MiniDisk® Filter – Includes all of the features of the AquaDisk®, but for lower flow applications
- AquaDiamond® Filter – Ideal for larger flows and traveling bridge filter retrofits and new plant construction
- Aqua MegaDisk® Filter - Capable of treating up to 24 MGD in a single unit
- AquaPrime™ Filter - Designed to handle a wide range of flows in a fraction of space compared to conventional primary clarifiers
See all photos
Brockton, MA Case Study
With the current national emphasis on restoring the water quality of America’s urban waterways, the City of Brockton, Massachusetts, Advanced Water Reclamation Facility (AWRF) wanted to stay ahead of the regulatory cycle – in particular, phosphorus discharge limits set forth by the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). Read more.